Located in the Mount Pleasant area of Vancouver, as part of the POWERSHiFTER team you will have access to some of the brightest minds in design, technology, strategy and data science. You will work in an environment that values people, collaborating with team members, process and performance..
We believe that when you put people at the centre of digital experiences, you achieve better outcomes. You champion this by driving the team forward to produce top notch results. You simplify the communication path, avoiding any unwanted surprises. Cool, calm and collected, your passion for technology is at the core of everything you do.
- Work with POWERSHiFTER’ Talent Manager to ensure adequate resourcing of projects, as needed
- Develop and implement processes and practices to improve delivery quality throughout the software delivery cycle
- Work with project managers and scrum masters to improve team velocity and productivity from sprint to sprint and project to project
- Lead planning, architecting, development, and maintenance of high-performance Web applications
- Assist in requirements gathering and discovery initiatives
- Translating requirement into actionable development tasks
- Work with QA team to identify testing criteria and success metrics
- Perform code reviews and other code quality checks, as needed
- Reviewing pull-requests as needed
- Assist project management team in scoping and estimates
- Work under pressure and deliver on-time
- Investigate, evaluate, and assess suitability of emerging technologies and services
- Assist and participate in team professional development initiatives
- Participate in agency process improvements and social events
- Participate in and lead development standards improvements initiatives as needed
- Stay abreast of technology and industry developments
- Assist in and lead research and development initiatives, as needed
- Support account and project managers in client meetings with technical perspectives, as needed.
- Support business development initiatives and pitches, as needed
- Liase with client IT stakeholders and technical vendors to support project goals, as needed
- Participate in UX and UI design reviews for implementation considerations
- Ensure delivery of high-quality, maintainable, and human-readable code/markup.
- Participate in the technical brainstorms sessions and client meetings.
- Provide estimates and risk assessments.
- Provide mentoring and direction to team members, as appropriate
- Provide feedback on team member performance to POWERSHiFTER Technology team leadership
- Have Fun!
- 3+years managing a development team in a fast-paced agency environment
- Expertise with iterative software development and Agile principles
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Self-starter and a strong team player.
- Natural leader
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
- Equally comfortable managing people and technology
- Familiarity with MERN, LAMP stacks
- Familiarity with traditional CMSes including, but not limited to, WordPress and Drupal
- Familiarity with headless CMSes like Contentful
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Services
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Basic familiarity with *nix server administration and modern environment setup, automation, and application containerization
- Basic familiarity with build processes and delivery pipelines
- Familiarity with accessibility standards
- Familiarity with web security
- No jerks
Nice to have's
- A degree, ideally in computer science, web development or related areas.
- A life outside of computers; Can you name 3 things you enjoy doing completely offline?
- Familiarity with 90’s R&B generally, the works of Warren G, specifically
- This is a full time, permanent position
- Medical and dental benefits
- An exciting, yet highly collaborative work environment with amazing peers
- Flexible work/life balance
- Extended long weekends during the summer
- Paid December holiday office closure
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status