POWERSHiFTER's Designers are passionate about design and the difference it makes for businesses and customers. Responsible for the development of design across a variety of touch points and platforms, they lead the creation of design direction and interface design on key projects and initiatives.
You are an interactive designer, conceptor, artist and illustrator. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design insightful, empathetic, conversion focused experiences for clients. Utilizing design thinking and agile process you will apply the latest design techniques and tools to create stunning visuals and interactive prototypes that find a balance between aesthetic and function.
Located in the Mount Pleasant area of Vancouver, as part of the POWERSHiFTER team you will have access to some of the brightest minds in user experience, design, technology, strategy and data science. You will work in an environment that values, people, process and performance, collaborating with team members in both Vancouver and Toronto.
We believe that when you start with empathy, amazing things can happen. You will champion this belief through the practice of design thinking and human centered design principals (HCD) on both client and internal work. You will be instrumental in working with design team members to grow and develop this to become our cultural norm in the way we produce digital experiences. You’ll be instrumental in shaping this point of view outside the agency through thought leadership initiatives like, blogging, speaking, and other means. Are you ready to wear someone else’s shoes?
- Work with the Design Director to conceptualize and execute designs that will advance clients’ businesses.
- Establish high level design direction for clients through the development of mood boards.
- Articulate and present visual design and design rationale.
- Demonstrate and apply key principles of interface design to all screen-based media, including mobile, and emerging formats.
- Work closely with user experience and data science to refine designs through cycles of user testing and analytics.
- Craft designs that adopt principles of conversion centered design (CCD) to achieve real outcomes for businesses.
- Create interactive prototypes of designs in Invison App and Sketch for the purpose of user testing and client presentations.
- Work with creative directors, UX designers, strategists and developers to establish strategic and creative approaches for a given assignment.
- Produce style guides and any design specific help files for developers and clients as required.
- Stay up to date on the latest design trends and requirements for all current and emerging formats of digital UI design.
- Work closely with development to bring static designs to life through micro animations and elegant page transitions.
- Will creatively solve problems at all levels of detail: from the big picture to the nuts and bolts.
- Will work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Actively contributes to internal programs and internal marketing materials.
- Will alert Sr. Staff in a timely manner to any issues that they may be having with the workload, others in the office or negative work environment so that they can be addressed quickly.
- Will share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Have fun!
- Minimum education requirements: Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Minimum experience requirements: 2-5 years
- This is a full time, permanent position