Located in the Gastown area of Vancouver, as part of the POWERSHiFTER team you will have access to some of the brightest minds in design, technology, strategy and data science. You will work in an environment that values people, collaborating with team members, process and performance.Your mission
We believe that when you put people at the centre of digital experiences, you achieve better outcomes. You champion this through your passion of writing meticulous code and eagerly collaborating with your team members, no matter the project or department. Cool, calm and collected, your passion for technology is at the core of everything you do.
- Contribute to project planning, as requested, providing estimates, risk assessments, and diagramming solutions
- Contribute to technical design sessions, providing a rounded back-end and administrative perspective.
- Contributing to POWERSHiFTER community engagement and thought leadership through blog and article writing, as requested
- Mentoring junior team members, providing thoughtful feedback and direction, as appropriate
- Knowledge-sharing with peers in workshop and day-to-day settings
- Participate in technical brainstorms sessions and client meetings
- Database design
- Leading/participating in technical design and architecture, as needed.
- Work closely with Front-end Developers to ensure seamless integration and delivery of views and interfaces
- Implement unit testing and integrate into continuous integration tools as needed and directed
- Version work appropriately using git, as directed, with thoughtful and thorough commit messages
- Seek peer review on work before submitting to testing
- Test all work on local environments prior to seeking peer review via pull-requests
- Reviewing pull-requests as needed
- Submitting all work for testing by QA prior to deployment
- Fixing code and other issues in QA and regression tests.
- Environment and server set-up.
- Build management and CI pipeline configuration.
- Diagnose performance issues with code created by others and provide workable solutions and improvements.
- Writing and maintaining project and technical documentation, as necessary
- participate in team professional development initiatives
- Participate in agency process improvements and social events
- Participate in and lead development standards improvements initiatives as needed
- Stay abreast of technology and industry developments
- Assist in and lead research and development initiatives, as needed
- Use systems and administration knowledge of Linux and other Unix-like systems to tune and optimize applications through scaling, caching, and other mechanisms
- Write unit tests
- Have fun!
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with MERN, LAMP stacks
- Familiarity with traditional CMSes including, but not limited to, WordPress and Drupal
- Familiarity with headless CMSes like Contentful
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Services
- Familiarity with *nix server administration and modern environment setup, automation, and application containerization
- Expertise with build processes and delivery pipelines
- Familiarity with web security
- Minimum education requirements: Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum experience requirements: 5+ years
- No jerks
- No egos
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status